« Home | inaugural » | final touches before moving in » | cut like a knife » | house of sand and fog » | handyman from hell » | demolition man (and woman) » | quite taxing » | don't get floored » | brave heart » | fabulous red kitchen » 

Tuesday, September 20, 2005 

keys

i was supposed to spend the night at the house on monday. but decided not to since the locks had not been changed. i couldnot find anyone to help me change them so i went to lowes and bought me some new locks for the front and backdoors. cost me $89 and rekeying was free of charge. the guy even showed me the ropes on how to change them. in theory. he assured me that i could do it on my own and in reasonable amount of time.
on tuesday morning, bright and early, i took the old ones out and began to install the new ones. the back door went really well. i was confident that the front door would be similar. it was the costlier set of the two (titanium deadbolt) and fancy enough to require more time and energy. by the time i had put both lock and deadbolt in, i realized both were upside down. i was so tired by then that i decided to leave them that way until a later time more suited for a re-do. i went back to the apartment with a headache and after lunch fell asleep for 1:45 minutes. which is very unusual for me. i think i was so stressed out by the possibility that i might not be able to do it myself and the consequences of that failure (an entry door with no locks) that i possibly passed out with the relief of having averted the crisis.

who am i

  • you can call me sam i am
  • location mountain west

whys and wherefores

  • this blogs is intended to be a resource for the newbie homeowner.
  • by sharing my stories of trivial joys and easy frustrations in this unpedictable adventure of homeownership, i hope i can provide some service/support to others who are going through similar experiences

one-way street

content © sam i am