« Home | keys » | inaugural » | final touches before moving in » | cut like a knife » | house of sand and fog » | handyman from hell » | demolition man (and woman) » | quite taxing » | don't get floored » | brave heart » 

Friday, September 23, 2005 

moved

i spent my first night in my *own* house. it's actually more pedestrian than it sounds. i didn't really feel any different. probably because i am so tired from all the work. one good thing is that i sleep like a log these days. plus, in my practical economist mind, i am not really *owner* in any sense of the word. so it goes.
...
a major factor behind my blase attitude is all those trips up and down stairs with boxes of things that i had to make all of yesterday and part of wednesday. i normally pack boxes quite light because of my upper body strength issues (lack of). but even so -the number of boxes were absolutely overwhelming. periodically i would stop and survey the remainder of the boxes at my apt and it would always seem to increase in numbers. positively demoralizing.
finally, managed to hang in there long enough to take everything over last night. some large empty boxes remain. i am on break from housework today - i figured i would collapse if i didn't take a time out. plus, i hurt my wrist some time on monday and it has aggravated to a point where part of my right wrist is now swollen. i am a little worried over it.

who am i

  • you can call me sam i am
  • location mountain west

whys and wherefores

  • this blogs is intended to be a resource for the newbie homeowner.
  • by sharing my stories of trivial joys and easy frustrations in this unpedictable adventure of homeownership, i hope i can provide some service/support to others who are going through similar experiences

one-way street

content © sam i am